Social Media!

FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTubeLinked In

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day 1. The flight and settling in.

Today was flight day. Started out at 6am when I woke up. I like most everyone showered and shaved and got dressed for the airport. I went to breakfast with my dad which was nice to see him before I left plus I got french toast which was a win win for me. After breakfast my girlfriend Jaimie took me to the airport and thankfully the traffic wasnt too bad. Also, goodbyes suck which I didn't like at all. But I couldn't be luckier to have a more supportive woman in my life. After getting through security and what not i arrived at my gate with some fellow cougs already there. We are all very excited to travel and see what korea is about.

Next the flight.. turns out it was only 11 hours but it still was miserable. Felt like my seat was to small for my body cause it was so close to the chair in front of me. Also,  any time you fly over water the amount of turbulence I feel like triples. This flight was so bumpy and jolty it felt like an amusement park ride. One of the coolest things was that there were tvs in the back of the head rest. They had SO many movies, games, stations that you could listen to and watch it was cool. I watched 5 movies over my flight.  (Dallas Buyers Club, 42, The Big Lebowski, Terror on the Line,  and another that slipped my mind.) Thankfully we got there and everyone had their luggage. We left the airport to be taxied 45 miles to Seoul National University. Which in turn took and hour and fifteen minutes because of how bad the traffic was.  Oh not to mention the drivers over here are ruthless. I'm talking screaming honking flipping people off ruthless. It was crazy. Finally we got to our location and after about 30 mins of confusion we located our dorms. We had trouble getting in to our rooms because our key codes that were provided did not work.Z So we waited until the manager person came and unlocked it for us.  After about another half hour of waiting around.  We get in to our rooms to see are beds have no beddings. So we track down the manager again to get us some clean bed sheets and some pillows.

That was a huge delay considering we spent almost an hour and a half trying to get things in order. But after it all got taken care of we met down in the lobby and just started to explore Korea. We saw all sorts of shops, restaurants,  markets that I cannot wait to see. We eventually made our way to Korean bbq and had an absolutely amazing dinner. It was so good. We drank soju (which is pretty good btw) ate pork slides, rice,  and the other essentials.

After dinner we left and just kept exploring.  We eventually made our way to the dorms and all passed out cause we all had been up for 24 hours.

Till tomorrow.  #CougsinKorea

1 comment: